USER REVIEW ON I BALL SLIDE 3G 7344
you can see my unboxing video in–(will be updated soon)
the specifications of the tablet are quite amazing for such a low price.
Thanks to the local I BALL Distributes i got this product on my hand the very next day after its release in KERALA/INDIA.
i Ball claims that slide 3g 7334 is the first dual Sim budget tablet in India.
The specifications of the tablet are
1)7″ multitouch capacitive WSVGA screen.
2)ARM Cortex A9 1.0GHz processor.
3)Dual sim dual standby.
4)Dual 2G , single 3G connectivity.
5)Dual camera with .3MP at front and 2MP at rear.
6) the most amazing feature at this low cost is the availability of Bluetooth and GPS(E-GPS and A-GPS).
7)HDMI out port ,Mini usb OTG port.
8)512 MB RAM(DDR3) of which 280 MB used by the system.
9) 8GB inbuilt memory divided as 502MB apps to install memory location and 5.7GB internal sd ..
10)External sd card support upto 32GB
The tablet is imported by Best IT World(INDIA) Pvt LTD
The Maximum Retail Price(MRP) is 13,999/-Rs
You can get it for 10990/-Rs directly from the distributes or at a slightly higher cost from dealers.
The good parameters about the tablet
1)Gives a backup of about 10 to 14 Hrs for normal users and 5 Hrs for heavy users and a standby of 45 Hrs.
2) The inbult G-Sensor is quite fast to respond so its good for game addicts.
3)the Front camera (.3 Mp) have better quality and light parameter of the lens ensures maximum bright pictures in dark or shady places.
4)The USB OTG is able to connect to keyboard,mouse,pen drives etc. but no idea as to why it was’nt factory shipped with OTG cable in 1st place.
5)The inbuilt vibration indicator is present.
6) Light indicator is also present but at the rear end, near to Mini usb port.
The problems faced while using the tablet are
1) The screen size to front panel size ratio is <1 so its quite difficult to find correct screen guard
2) A software Bug was detected in the factory shipped OS. once switched off and a microsd card inserted will result in abnormal response from the display. seems like some kind of the micro SD detector code malfunction
3) Unable to connect external 3G modems via USB OTG.( MIGHT BE BECAUSE IT IS SIM 3G SUPPORTED VERSION)
4) Absence of Camera flash for rear camera.
5) by default it lacks the following apps
Google Bookmarks Sync.apk (Click download )
Google Calender Sync.apk (Click download )
Google Contact Sync.apk (Click download )
Talk.apk (Click download )
because of which the google contacts,calender,bookmarks from Google server are never synced to the phone.
upon installation of the above mentioned apps it works as fit as a fiddle.,
6)The default file explorer ES Explorer is set to default directly as sdcard, due to which the external sd card is never visible, so change it to mnt so the following folders could be visible
sdcard(internal SD of 5.7GB)
sdcard2(external micro sd ( 2GB-32GB)
usbOTG(pen drives or other storage media connected via USB )
I personally recommend FILE EXPERT app as top user friendly file explorer
7) The necessity to restart the TAB after keyboard or mouse is connected via usb OTG is quite a waste of time.
8) The on screen keys of(BACK,MAIN MENU,RUNNING APPS) should have been placed on the right hand side of the tab like its predecessor would have been more user friendly especially while traveling.
If the above mentioned links don’t work. Then the driver could be installed using the windows app superonclick. It is originally designed to root android devices,but driver install is an option. So connect the tab and use the above mentioned app.